30 Wednesday Nov 2016
Posted by AngelaKaysBooks in NaNoWriMo
≈ Leave a comment
- There’s something special about forgetting the messed up world we live in and diving into an alternate universe—whether it’s romance, mystery, sci-fi, etc—and solving their issues…we have more control.
- I think that if I didn’t write, God would drop a mountain on my head…pretty sure He wanted to when I came close to throwing in the towel of my debut, The Murder of Manny Grimes.
- I’m a dreamer, so why not write it on paper?
- People that prefer reading to writing want to escape just as badly as I do. So I write for my readers in hopes to enthrall their imagination.
- Through countless research on a certain topic, I am learning.
- I write a Christian/Inspirational blog in hopes of inspiring others by my journey in discovering Christ.
- I have an overactive imagination: so many ideas buzzing in my head…I can’t keep up.
- The thrill of having my hard work published for others to see is extraordinary.
- I meet interesting people with the same passion as me, whether they’re just realizing it or they’ve lived with it since childhood.
- It challenges me to be better than I was yesterday…I learn from mistakes and move on to the next issue.
- It’s a fun profession.
- It teaches me patience and, boy, do I need it!
- I have the freedom to push the realism to the limit while keeping it believable.
- One story usually inspires another.
- To eliminate stress.
- In my free time, if I don’t read or write, I watch TV. Too much television is not always good for the soul.
- If I don’t write it, someone else might, or worse, no one else will.
- Writing is my legacy.
- I learn just how far I’m willing to push myself to work out a story.
- It’s my sense of being. If I couldn’t write, then I’m not sure what I can do in its place.
- I feel empowered.
- My characters are a part of me. It’s my duty to breathe life into them.
- It’s the only time I know who I am meant to be.
- I’ve been told by teachers and professors that I was a natural. It must be so since I’ve won awards in the past.
- I strive for originality.
- It allows room for diversity…romance, science fiction, mystery…etc.
- It’s my happy place.
- Whether I become successful or not, I have the satisfaction knowing that I’ve completed and published an entire novel.
- It’s the only clique I feel I belong—authors helping authors. And anyone knows me knows that I love helping people succeed.
- As with many writers, I have a lot to say.
What are YOUR reasons for writing? Share in the comments below!